At Mayfield Robotics, we make home robots that are joyful, useful,
and inspiring. We move fast, we like and respect each other, and
we have some very big ambitions. And we’re still growing.
We operate with all the best aspects of being a startup:
independence, speed, transparency, teamwork, and a well-stocked
kitchen. We also have the focus and discipline of a company that
knows exactly where it’s going, without the distraction of
fundraising (we’re wholly owned by a much larger company that
loves what we’re doing, thinks long term, and mostly leaves us
alone). We were founded in February of 2015, and we’re based in
sunny Redwood City, California - the epicenter of both Silicon
Valley and the future of robotics.
Do you like breaking things? Does it give you great satisfaction to discover bugs in products and edge cases in that have been overlooked? Does it make you feel good to know that your contributions directly affect the overall quality of a product?
At Mayfield, we’re looking for Black-box Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers who don’t mind spending all day playing with adorable robots (tough, we know) and work in partnership with our Engineering, QA and Marketing teams to build robust, reliable, and quality software on our fun, interactive, and adorable home robot Kuri.
The ideal candidate we’re looking for would be an independent, self-driver who cares a great deal about product quality. Someone who doesn’t buckle under pressure, especially when needing to ensure the robots look their best before marketing events. This will include ensuring that the robots are cleaned and blemish free, removing errant lipstick or other make-up from adoring fans, making sure that the robot hasn’t become deaf from all of the applause, and lastly but equally important - that the robot hasn’t lost her mind and her software is kept current.
- Work with a team of Engineers, Marketing staff and Project Managers to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Track software defects and issues, and escalate as needed
- Help to triage bugs and prioritize issues for resolution before events
- Be able to communicate and write out steps to reproduce bugs
- Be able to research and use our bugs database (Jira) to make sure that bugs do not have duplicate entries, and to add context to bugs already known
- Help run test procedures, and be proactive in reporting abnormal behaviors and bugs to relevant teams in a timely manner
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover recurrences
- Help Engineers debug issues by pulling logs, and doing some command line execution to get more information
- Communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
- Establish and enforce professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Understanding of QA methodologies, best practices and terminology
- Experience with Jira and Jira workflows for bug reporting
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail with passion for high quality technology
- Comfortable running commands on the command like to help engineers debug issues and pull logs from the robot
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Python and test automation
- Experience testing consumer electronics devices (Android, iOS, Roku, set-top boxes, etc.)
- Experience working on robotics, IoT, or high-volume consumer-electronics product
- An interest for robots and other advanced technologies
How to Apply
Send a resume to email@example.com.