At Mayfield Robotics, we make home robots that are joyful, useful,
and inspiring. We move fast, we like and respect each other, and
we have some very big ambitions. And we’re still growing.
We operate with all the best aspects of being a startup:
independence, speed, transparency, teamwork, and a well-stocked
kitchen. We also have the focus and discipline of a company that
knows exactly where it’s going, without the distraction of
fundraising (we’re wholly owned by a much larger company that
loves what we’re doing, thinks long term, and mostly leaves us
alone). We were founded in February of 2015, and we’re based in
sunny Redwood City, California - the epicenter of both Silicon
Valley and the future of robotics.
As part of our team, you will be the person we look to for recommendations on tools and processes to help our Software Engineers move fast. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of several pipelines, including: continuous integration; build (of robot software); test (of software, and low-level hardware components); and deployment. Additionally, you will need to provide occasional systems administration help, including debugging and maintaining our network infrastructure (for both humans and robots).
- Maintain our current continuous integration and deployment pipelines, as well as develop new pipelines, scripts, and frameworks to facilitate development efficiency
- Help streamline our test pipeline to validate software functionality, low-level hardware components, and high-level robot functionality - both in simulation and on real robots
- Work with a diverse team across the company from customer experience, development, and quality assurance engineers to strategize methods and processes for better workflows
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience, preferably with systems administration, software engineering, or build & release engineering
- Experience with Linux Shell and Python scripting
- Familiarity with C/C++ and Python software development (including build systems, packaging tools, and testing frameworks)
- Desktop Linux and embedded Linux (both x86 and ARM architectures) development experience
- Experience with Travis, Jenkins, or some other CI system
- Familiarity with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other configuration management tool
- Familiarity with Docker, Vagrant, or other environment standardization tool
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Linux networking (wired and wireless, routing, VPN) and security experience (firewall, disk encryption, basic understanding of public-key cryptography)
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Or equivalent experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience supporting the development and operations of an IoT (Internet of Things) or Robotics product.
How to Apply
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.